Further ideas on how you support your child's learning at home:
- Research information linked to endangered animals in the UK and how we can help them, including hedgehogs and bees.
- Explore the structures of script writing and how to write a script (stage directions etc).
- Investigate fractions of shape and number, focusing on halves, quarters and thirds.
- Practise fluent recall of number facts including times tables, number bonds to 10 an 20, addition and subtraction within 20, place value, division by 5,2 and 10 and word problems and reasoning.
- Research climate change and the issues with the planet at present. You could create posters or reports.
- Create hedgehog hideaways using natural materials.
- Reading comprehensions (please see Twinkl website for examples)
- Mindfulness colouring.
- Reading - please see reading challenges for Year 2 listed above. You are welcome to borrow books from school.
- Practise the songs we have learnt in class.
- Times table challenges and competitions with family members.
- Crafts and junk modelling.
- Please remember to choose from the optional challenges listed on the Year 2 homework menus given out at the start of each term.
- Please contact your class teachers if you have any further questions: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you from the Year 2 Team
For details of our current curriculum focus, visit the Curriculum section of our website.