Pupil Premium Eligibility
Attract up to £1,345 additional funding for your child’s school if you apply for free school meals
Pupil Premium is extra money paid direct to schools for each child who is eligible for free school meals. It is used to support your child’s education, by funding additional teaching assistant support, individual music tuition or school clubs. It is only paid where families have applied for free school meals and are confirmed to be entitled.
Even if your child is in reception, Year 1 or Year 2 and receives free school meals under the Universal Infant Free School Meals Scheme, you still need to make a free school meals application for the school to receive Pupil Premium for your child.
Please apply for free schools meals if you are eligible, see below, so your school gets this crucial funding
How to apply
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- If your child goes to an Academy you may have to apply directly to the school.
You can apply online on the eFree School Meals Service by clicking here. This is the quickest and easiest way to apply. If you would like any help with the electronic form please either call the Council FSM team on 0117 903 7990, or speak to the school office.
If you cannot apply online you can complete a paper form, available here. These can then be sent to the address below, scanned and emailed to the address below, or simply handed into the school office. Please speak to the school office if you would like any assistance either completing, scanning and emailing, or downloading the form.
Send completed forms to:
Free School Meals
Bristol City Council
PO Box 3176
Bristol BS3 9FS
Email completed forms (after scanning) to:
Early Years Pupil Premium
The Government has also recently made additional funding available to help give greater opportunities for some 3 to 4 year olds who attend a Nursery setting, subject to them meeting eligibility requirements.