At Sefton Park we regularly focus and remind our children about Anti-Bullying themes.
As a parent and carer you have a vital role in supporting your child with issues relating to bullying, and working with schools to prevent and respond to bullying.
This is how you can use your ‘power for good’ as a parent:
- Know the signs that a child might be experiencing bullying. Consider how you would help and who you would ask for advice.
- Find out how the school deals with bullying.
- Make sure that your child knows who to talk to if they are worried.
- Help them to understand the difference between falling out with friends, other children being unkind and signs they might be experiencing bullying. Bullying is persistent, there’s an intent to cause harm and there is an abuse of power.
- Support your child to grow in confidence, to make friends in a variety of settings and to take part in activities that build their self-esteem.
Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA) has designed a free online information tool that provides parents with interactive content to increase confidence in supporting children with bullying issues. To access the tool visit http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/parenttool
Details of our Anti-Bullying Policy can be found here