Admissions 2021 Letter from Headteacher
Please select your language above to translate.
BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL
Sefton Park School
Ashley Down Road
Bristol BS7 9BJ
Tel: 0117 377 3290
Acting Head Teacher: Mr D Simson
Acting Deputy Head Teacher: Mrs M Smithson
Sefton Park Nursery Application for September 2021 entry
Thank you for requesting a form to apply for a Nursery place for your child in our School, commencing September 2021. An application form is enclosed.
You may be aware that currently the Government extends the provision of free childcare hours to 30 hours per week for 3 and 4 year olds with working parents and 15 hours free for all. Currently the eligibility for 30 hours is as follows:
- Both parents are working, or one parent is working in lone-parent families
- Both parents are working but one or both parents is temporarily on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Both parents are working but one or both parents is temporarily on statutory sick pay
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled, incapacitated or has substantial caring responsibilities
- Each parent must earn, on average, a minimum weekly amount equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or national living wage, and less than £100,000 per year. This includes parents on zero-hours contracts who meet the criteria.
We suggest you take a look at the 30 hours free childcare website for full details of the 30 hour childcare terms (https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/).
Households who do not meet these criteria will still receive 15 hours free childcare, which is a universal entitlement for all children. Additionally, the school intends to offer competitively priced extended provision over the universally funded 15 hours for those parents and carers who do not meet the criteria for the funded 30 hours. If you do not meet the above criteria, but would be interested in additional paid provision (including payment via childcare vouchers), please indicate this on your application form. Parents/carers may be able to obtain financial support, either through tax credits, or through their college if they are students.
If you would like to submit an application on behalf of your child, please complete and return the application form to the school office as soon as possible. Your child’s name will then be added to our waiting list.
Before applying, please ensure that your child is aged three by 31st August 2021 to be eligible for a Nursery place from September 2021. We require sight of the child’s original birth certificate with your application as evidence of the child’s birth date. Please note, we can only take applications for September 2021 and will not accept applications for any other year of entry.
In the first instance, places will be offered to those who are aged 3 by 31st August 2021, but should spare places be available, we will offer a January place for those aged 3 after 31st August 2021 but before 1st January 2022.
Offers of Nursery places are normally issued in May.
We understand that you may wish to visit Sefton Park Nursery and we will be providing an opportunity for parents/carers to do this in due course. In the meantime, we advise parents/carers to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Places are allocated on the following basis:
- Firstly to children with additional needs, or in need
- Secondly to siblings of pupils already on roll at Sefton Park School
- Then on a first come, first served basis i.e. in order of application received by the School
Office, whilst ensuring a balanced group
- Finally, those requesting a January 2022 start for their child aged 3 after 31st August 2021 but before 1st January 2022
To view our admissions policy and for more information about Sefton Park Schools, please visit www.seftonparkschools.co.uk
Please note that if your child is offered a place in our Nursery, you will still need to apply for a Reception place through Bristol City Council.
Acting Head Teacher